acpiconf -s 3 on 7.1 & Thinkpad A22m/2628?
- From: ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ted Nolan <tednolan>)
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 07:57:18 GMT
On FreeBSD 5.4, I had acpi suspend to state 3 (acpiconf -s 3) pretty much
working on a Thinkpad A22m/2628. I had to unload/reload the sound driver
and kill/restart moused and dhcpd, but it seemed to work after that.
I just loaded 7.1 and it suspends fine, but when I try to resume,
the screen gets in an alarming "decaying color-bar" state, and
apparently the OS does not run (or at least it seems unresponsive
to the keyboard and I can't ping it from afar).
I tried setting sysctl hw.acpi.reset_video to 1, but that didn't seem to
make a difference.
What's not in Columbia anymore..
- Prev by Date: Re: Newbie installation probx (IA-x86, BSD 7.1, using the DVD iso)
- Next by Date: Re: openoffice 3 crahses like a DEC-20
- Previous by thread: Newbie installation probx (IA-x86, BSD 7.1, using the DVD iso)
- Next by thread: Managed/Automated IPv6 addresses via RA's