Re: httpd won't start and no error entries in error_log

From: Uwe Dippel (udippel_at_uniten.edu.my)
Date: 03/28/04

    Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 09:47:22 +0800

    On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:55:42 -0700, Andrew Falanga wrote:

    > Ok here's the deal. I installed apache 1.3.28 from the OpenBSD packages
    > collection

    As far as I can see (and use), there is no apache in the package
    collection:

    http://www.openbsd.org/3.4_packages/

    Apache is part of the basic install and supposed to work out of the box
    (and usually does).

    I tend to start and stop apache using

    apachectl [start | stop]

    with good success, btw.

    You should be more specific from where you get your sources, eventually.
    Remove all that extra stuff and start from OpenBSD base install. Does
    apache start and stop ?

    Then: Did you install the ports collection ? There is a
    posgresql-flavour. Compile it from there.

    HTH,

    Uwe

      ... We have chosen to install packages on each node, and have Apache ... I> Upgrading will involve recompilation of one or more things from source - ... You can create your own package ...
      (SunManagers)
    • FreeBSD 4.10 and finding dependant packages
      ... Technologies Bandwidth Manager" set up. ... Part of the ETBWMGR's requirements is to have apache installed, ... However, now when I go to install php, I get an error message (Error ... package, I get a "This package is required by 2 other packages" error ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: branding debian releases
      ... >from my current company to install some test servers with debian to ... >run the unstable version of that package. ... new apache tomorrow, another new firefox late tomorrow. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [PHP] Question before upgrading to 5
      ... anyway I see you did do a dual apache setup, cool, and got it working properly. ... but it sure is a cool trick if you really need to run php4 sites and php5 sites on one production ... install of apache would allow you to do. ... php in so far as you can also specify a custom prefix to have ...
      (php.general)
    • Re: PHP Tutorials
      ... >> In this tutorial we assume that your server has activated support for PHP ... install a web server locally (not just Apache). ...
      (comp.lang.php)