Re: httpd won't start and no error entries in error_log

From: Uwe Dippel (udippel_at_uniten.edu.my)
Date: 03/28/04

    Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 09:47:22 +0800

    On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:55:42 -0700, Andrew Falanga wrote:

    > Ok here's the deal. I installed apache 1.3.28 from the OpenBSD packages
    > collection

    As far as I can see (and use), there is no apache in the package
    collection:

    http://www.openbsd.org/3.4_packages/

    Apache is part of the basic install and supposed to work out of the box
    (and usually does).

    I tend to start and stop apache using

    apachectl [start | stop]

    with good success, btw.

    You should be more specific from where you get your sources, eventually.
    Remove all that extra stuff and start from OpenBSD base install. Does
    apache start and stop ?

    Then: Did you install the ports collection ? There is a
    posgresql-flavour. Compile it from there.

    HTH,

    Uwe