Re: hcl for openbsd?

pakrat_at_localhost.private.neotoma.org
Date: 05/12/05

    Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 22:35:52 GMT

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 15:16:27 -0500 in <tY2dnZnq2ImG9R_fRVn-3Q@comcast.com> Shane Almeida <almeida.spam.is.evil@spam.is.evil.mindless.com> wrote:
    > On Wed, 11 May 2005 15:06:17 -0500, ***** charles wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Is there a hardware compatibility list for openbsd
    >> so I can be sure that the hardware I buy will work?
    >>
    >> I will wait for 3.7.
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >> charles.....
    >
    > http://www.openbsd.org/plat.html

    It should be mentioned that in the period between 3.7 and 3.8 the
    manpages for the devices tend to be updated as hardware support is
    added or removed.

    --
    Chris Dukes
    Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil

    • Re: Best router solution
      ... We've all been using openbsd, all been using ciscos here and there. ... to a free reliable router. ... great compared to a cisco 3700 with similar interfaces, ... I WAS talking about router hardware and not workstation. ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
    • Re: Frustrated with Nikon DX
      ... There's not another rock solid and secure OS on ... the market that can compete with Windows and support as much ... backwards compatible hardware. ... The best in that sense is OpenBSD. ...
      (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
    • Re: Best router solution
      ... >> OpenBSD has the potential of being the best routing platform. ... > If you're serious about routing the hardware will be such that you'll ... So you CANT come up with another layer3 protocol OpenBSD supports? ... you'll notice I'm not the only one eyeing OpenBSD as a router. ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
    • Re: Tuning OBSD
      ... >For another hardware I am not aware of speeding up cpu's etc. ... as the CPU is mounted ... know whether OpenBSD works around that or not. ... >I have some information on running OpenBSD on Nagasaki hardware. ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)
    • Re: What firewall for small medical research lab
      ... I agree with Jordan Dallas 110%, go with OpenBSD. ... When I wanted to learn firewalls and vpns, I researched Linux solutions and got so fed up reading how firewall and vpn features must be compiled into the kernel. ... As far as cost, $45 for OpenBSD if you want to support their cause by buying their CD or get it for free via ftp and take any old computer system preferably a Pentium II or better with two or three nic cards. ... The hardware and software cost are low. ...
      (Security-Basics)