default IPv6 route

Hi,

I just noticed that in OpenBSD 3.9 is't possible to have two lines in
/etc/mygate with the default gateway for both IPv4 and IPv6.
Until now, I usually added a line in /etc/rc.local with a 'route add'
command for IPv6.

For the machines on my network with a static IPv6 address configured on
the physical interface, the new approach seems to work fine.

But on my firewall/router, the default route goes over a gif tunnel, not
a physical interface.
When I add the other side of the tunnel to /etc/mygate, there's no
default IPv6 route after a fresh boot. When I add the line
route add -inet6 default <gw>
to /etc/rc.local or append the line to hostname.gif0, it works.
When in /etc/mygate, it doesn't. It's not a big problem, but I'm
curious what the problem might be. I don't see any error messages and I
can't pinpoint the problem when looking at /etc/netstart.

Any ideas?

--
Maurice

  • Re: IPv6 over gif(4) broken in 6.2-RELEASE?
    ... when I configure a gif interface like this: ... specifically require a host route to the interface of the destination. ... This is actually handled specially in several parts of the IPv6 stack. ... olsrd as the routing protocol. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: IPv6 over gif(4) broken in 6.2-RELEASE?
    ... I only have one IPv6 over IPv4/gif tunnel and ther I use only my side ... the tunnel because there's no route for the destination. ... olsrd as the routing protocol. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • RE: Understanding multiple IPv6 interfaces under 8.0 (fwd)
    ... this issue may be due to a bit of regression in the IPv6 prefix management ... When ND6 NS arrives for bce1, due to the interface mismatch of the prefix ... I was wondering about the route however I haven't figured out the trick to ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: Understanding multiple IPv6 interfaces under 8.0 (fwd)
    ... Elmer# netstat -rn ... There's no reason why among 2 physical interfaces sharing the same fabric, one can ship packets out and the other can't. ... I was wondering about the route however I haven't figured out the trick to get what I want. ... I hope what I am specifying is to use the 32 bit IPv4 address as the last 32 bits of the IPv6 address, at least that is how it works out numerically. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • FW: Adding a route for ipv6.
    ... I have tried using RTNetlink for adding IPv6 route table. ... Do I need to add some package for RTNetlink for adding IPv6 route. ... You've reached the debian iproute maintainers, but I'll try to help you. ...
    (Debian-User)