Re: advanced Makefile tutorial

From: el cintura partida (elcinturapartida_at_yahoo.es)
Date: 10/28/04

Date: 28 Oct 2004 05:14:13 -0700

tabrez19_i@rediffmail.com (Tabrez Iqbal) wrote in message news:<42cd213e.0410270833.164fb7f8@posting.google.com>...
> I was searching for a good tutorial/manual on Makefiles. I have 'GNU
> make' manual but i wanted a tutorial which will help me in managing
> large projects. for eg, i was getting problems in building uClinux and
> i am not able to track down the problem because of Makefile structure
> used. what material do you suggest for me?
> I have basic knowledge of Makefiles.
> i posted it on c.u.p also but did not get relevant info, so cross-posting now.
>
> thanks
>
> tabrez

"GNU Autoconf, Automake and Libtool" either you can get on
http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/ or your favorite bookstore.

David

Relevant Pages

  • Re: BSD make vs. GNU make
    ... Because people write more complex makefiles using syntax which is specific to either BSD or GNU make. ... "Features of GNU `make' ... *Note Automatic Variables: Automatic. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: make picks wrong target: why?
    ... associated with that version of GNU make? ... ff> dependencies no matter which target I ask for. ... ff> to prevent a random object file from becoming the default target. ... the makefilelisted on the command line AND ANY MAKEFILES INCLUDED ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: advanced Makefile tutorial
    ... > I was searching for a good tutorial/manual on Makefiles. ... > make' manual but i wanted a tutorial which will help me in managing ... "GNU Autoconf, Automake and Libtool" either you can get on ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: advanced Makefile tutorial
    ... > I was searching for a good tutorial/manual on Makefiles. ... > make' manual but i wanted a tutorial which will help me in managing ... "GNU Autoconf, Automake and Libtool" either you can get on ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: makefile adding dependencies
    ... After GNU make reads in all its makefiles and before it ... builds any default or command-line targets, it will try to rebuild the ... which is used in automake. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)