mkisofs progress meter doesn't stay on one line

mkisofs 2.01 prints the status bar on a new line at each update. I think
it should output a carriage return? This happens both in the console and
xterm. I tried TERM=vt100, but now I'm out of ideas.

$ mkisofs ~ 2>&1 >/dev/null | cat -vet
0.78% done, estimate finish Tue May 16 17:05:22 2006$
1.56% done, estimate finish Tue May 16 17:04:18 2006$
2.34% done, estimate finish Tue May 16 17:04:40 2006$
^C

--
Magnus

  • Re: A license to print money
    ... That's the metal bar which the printhead runs along. ... down and the head carriage removed as there will be a build up in the ... If you don't want to strip it down, use a rag dampened with meths to clean ... puch/pull the print head up and down the bar after each clean so the meths ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: Preliminary "test bar" lathe measurements.
    ... I inserted centers in the headstock and tailstock and mounted the bar ... The good news is that the travel of the indicator, ... carriage from one end to another over 6 inches of distance, ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Boring in the lathe - imbecile question
    ... Fingers up holes in rotating ... If you do not have a carriage stop it is worth fabricating something. ... No need to have the boring bar hanging out 100mm from the start. ... Repeat this with further bar extensions until you have 100 mm sticking ...
    (uk.rec.models.engineering)
  • Re: Starting up the win form as non visible
    ... If you don't want the form to be displayed until you need it, use a console application instead and close the handle to the console to hide it. ... I want the PopupForm as non visible from anywhere (including the ... actual form should be non visible, as well as in task bar, alt tab ...
  • Re: sendmessage and windows
    ... get when you type run cmd.exe - but it just changes the title bar ... I can do it in Wordpad. ... But if the window chooses to ignore WM_SETTEXT messages, ... Try Keybd_Event and Console ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)