Re: help w/ pipes

From: Frank Hickman (fhickman_nosp_at_m_noblesoft.com)
Date: 12/15/03

Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 15:18:45 -0500

> I did not realise that dup2() and pipe() are macros, I thought that they
> are functions.

Okay, they are functions, but I've never seen a Dup2 or Pipe macro or
reference to them so I assumed you meant the functions...my bad.

Are they macros that are defined in some header or are you attempting to
create some for whatever your trying to do?

--
Frank

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question about pipes
    ... > functions pipe, fork, dup2, etc. to get the same effect. ... It's an urban legend. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: piping to c
    ... Igna wrote: ... fork, dup2() etc. ... You don't even create a pipe using pipe, ... it the standard output of the program. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Teaching Gozer was Re: Automation Re: Quick Overview was Re: Intel was Re: Zorg vs Gozer was Re: Tou
    ... we can pipe her results to an invisible ... debug her, she outputs everything to the clear holoscreen wile in debug ... So now we see her thinking and we see her hit google and wikipedia and see her clip text to a note pad, combine text files into a knowledge base, search that knowledge base using fuzzy logic for key words and all the rest as we program some AI functionality into our smart new somewhat ominous AI assistant. ... And she ends up with a few paragraphs that seem exactly on topic and we improve her methods by watching her work, then improve her macros and have to be able to modify them if the websites she visits, change their behaviors. ...
    (comp.ai.philosophy)
  • Re: Trying to link 2 sub processes to each other with a pipe - doesnt work properly
    ... EOF down its end of the pipe on stdin but this doesn't seem to be ... (If you prefer the shorter STDIN, ... Closing the pipe after dup2 is not strictly ... to make your code work, ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Off Topic: Question about pipes
    ... > I wish to use the elementary functions pipe, fork, dup2, etc. ... > and want to make my code pure Fortran 95. ...
    (comp.lang.c)