maximum memory usage

From: Kevin Partin (Kevin.S.Partin_at_Alumni.UTexas.net)
Date: 02/28/04

Date: 27 Feb 2004 19:30:54 -0800

Can anyone provide me with a method in C to determine the maximum
memory usage for a process and its children? I am developing my
application on Linux. I would like something that is generic as
possible to fascilitate portability, but I also realize this might not
be possible.

Thank you,

Kevin
Kevin.S.Partin@Alumni.UTexas.net

Relevant Pages

  • Re: limitations of forking on windows
    ... >> It is not the number of forked processes. ... Your comments suggest you do not have a memory usage ... Linux is not as graphics ... >> You are also comparing threading to forking. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Memory Control - Can you get the memory usage of the interpreter?
    ... my client needs to run on windows and mac too. ... presuming osX is similar to linux: I'll need to have a play to see if I can ... > '''Return process memory usage in bytes. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Ruby system programs
    ... I am not fine,because I got one assignment from my project head. ... To find the Memory usage ... You do not specify the OS you are working with (Windows, Linux, ...). ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Memory problem
    ... > I test the memory usage with my System Resources Manager and the top ... > command (I work with Linux but the Mac forums are the only place to go ... There are two levels of memory allocation going on here, ... One level is the malloc level, where you can request things in byte-sized ...
    (comp.sys.mac.programmer.help)
  • python memory leak only in x86 64 linux
    ... the memory usage of a python app keeps growing in a x86 64 linux ... whereas in 32 bit linux this is not the case. ... i isolated the memory leak problem to a function that uses datetime ...
    (comp.lang.python)