Re: concurrent process vs. parallel process

From: Jack Klein (jackklein_at_spamcop.net)
Date: 03/14/04

Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 04:35:01 GMT

On 13 Mar 2004 17:17:37 -0800, crescent_au@yahoo.com (Ben) wrote in
comp.lang.c:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having confusion understanding the differences between concurrent
> and parallel processes (or programs). As far as I understand, parallel
> processing is simultaneous use of more than one CPU to execute a
> program, thus "dividing" a program to be executed by disparate CPUs.
> Now what exactly is concurrent process? Is it similar as
> multithreading? Are these terms used interchangeably?
>
> I searched on google for definition of concurrent processing but was
> unable to get a convincing one. If you guys know of good sites that
> explain concurrent processing, please let me know.
>
> Thanx for your time!
> Ben

Why did you cross-post this to comp.lang.c, where it is completely
off-topic?

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

  • Re: concurrent process vs. parallel process
    ... >> I'm having confusion understanding the differences between concurrent ... >> and parallel processes. ... Fortran and MPI - and I spent some time ... get very far with integrating the C, POSIX threads and OpenMP models ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: concurrent process vs. parallel process
    ... >> I'm having confusion understanding the differences between concurrent ... >> and parallel processes. ... Fortran and MPI - and I spent some time ... get very far with integrating the C, POSIX threads and OpenMP models ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: concurrent process vs. parallel process
    ... >> I'm having confusion understanding the differences between concurrent ... >> and parallel processes. ... Fortran and MPI - and I spent some time ... get very far with integrating the C, POSIX threads and OpenMP models ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: concurrent process vs. parallel process
    ... > I'm having confusion understanding the differences between concurrent ... > and parallel processes. ... > unable to get a convincing one. ...
    (comp.lang.c)