Re: Unsetting an environment variable from a program

From: Generic Usenet Account (usenet_at_sta.samsung.com)
Date: 10/12/05

Date: 12 Oct 2005 07:38:19 -0700

I have posted the source code previously
(http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sources.d/browse_frm/thread/02c07fe92da10c27/96d3e494ea83c159#96d3e494ea83c159)

The only update that I have made is to the script. Here's the updated
script:

#!/bin/ksh
#
# $1: Filename
# $2: Linenumber
# $3: Process id
# $4: Parent process id
# $5: Page Size

if [ "$#" != "0" ]
then
  echo "File: $1, Line: $2"
  echo "Page size is $5"
  ps -elf | head -1; ps -elf | grep -w $3 | grep -w $4 | grep -vw $0
  echo "\n\n"
fi

Thanks,
Bhat

Relevant Pages

  • starting programs as a daemon
    ... init as parent process and no tty) which works in all linux distributions? ... I've written an init script which starts several other programs. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Korn Shell conundrum
    ... > Hi I wonder if someone might be able to help me as I'm going nuts ... > that directory once the script has executed. ... > The parent process will remain in its current working directory. ... > parent due to the exit! ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: restart network without shutdown
    ... Screen will allow the script to complete, whereas your ssh session is killing it half/part way through... ... Processes which start from within screen don't get killed, because, screen, the parent process, is still running. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: killing a script
    ... code level rather than the Control-C level. ... could put one line at the top of the script and be done with it. ... is completely invisible to the parent process. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Korn Shell conundrum
    ... that directory once the script has executed. ... Script "gothere" contains something like: ... The parent process will remain in its current working directory. ... needs to check several arguments that can be passed in to it, and exit ...
    (comp.unix.shell)