Swap area

Santosh.Sarangi1_at_gmail.com
Date: 11/18/05

Date: 17 Nov 2005 22:07:49 -0800

Can any body expalin me, what is the signifivance of swap area in unix.
What are its functionality. Why it needs a contiguous memory location?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Swap area
    ... > Can any body expalin me, what is the signifivance of swap area in unix. ... > What are its functionality. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • New module proposal: Convert::TimeUnits
    ... Convert::TimeUnits provides the Unix unitsfunctionality to Perl, ... gunitsstyle conversions of more than one unit into the desired unit. ... values as a hash reference or Convert::TimeUnits object. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.modules)
  • RE: NT/2000 vs Unix based Web Servers
    ... Functionality is the next question. ... Unix systems like Sun or Linux ... Just secure it if you are worried about the security. ... the more basic web site, with Java, Perl and/or similar. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Polling for keypress
    ... The code Heiko posted ... Isn't there a unix alternative way to perform the same ... showing how to program that functionality on a Unix ... kbhit() function is unnecessary! ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: How to change peoples minds about LISP?
    ... >Why are so few system administrators using Lisp as a gluing language, ... directly mapped to the Unix function and using FFI arguments). ... a new potential Lisp programmer who wants to use CMU CL instead of C ... Contrast this with Perl, which, in addition to its main functionality ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)