Starting a process inside a shell script

From: mobenoua (mobenoua_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/23/05

Date: 23 Nov 2005 13:33:23 -0800

How can one invokes a c++ process to start from a shell script and wait
until
the process has started before proceeding to execute the next line in
the shell and
without calling wait or sleep to wait for the process to start.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [kde-linux] Mounting with exec flag
    ... And I can copy a shell script to both devices and then execute ... UDEV config problem [if KDE uses UDEV info to mount devices) (I use ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Calling shell script from a Servlet.
    ... > When I try to do the same thing from a Servlet I get nothing. ... > because Tomcat should be able to find a directory where shell script ... Should I put a symbolic link somewhere in Tomcat home ... read / execute to bash, and possibly read and even execute on all the ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: How to selectivey route messages?
    ... > shell script to execute at boot time (but not the one that goes: ... > have to be a real Internet user. ... > I also want to plow through the ip program document and the "Linux Advanced ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • problems redirecting an open file to stdin using dup2()
    ... The shell script is expecting input from stdin. ... I cannot get this to execute period. ... if I change fopenfor openor freopenand make fp an int, ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: Oracle dbi ?
    ... Can you execute a command line ... > shell script using OCI? ... Not using OCI, but Perl can run SQL*Plus very nicely. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)