Re: Writing HTTP header

In article <QQjjf.12924$Fq3.10920@xxxxxxxx>,
drhowarddrfine <drhowarddrfine@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So by mis-typing a slash you gather all that about me. My whole
> reputation is based on a mis-typed slash. Your total judgement is based
> upon a mis-typed slash.

Yep. One time could be a simple typo (although the keys are nowhere
near each other on most keyboards). But I can't imagine anyone who has
written more than a three C programs making this same mistake over and
over like you did. The fact that you also made the \f vs \n mistake is
further evidence -- \f is very rarely used, so no experienced C
programmer would ever have it in their mind in the first place.

I've been at this for over 20 years, and I've seen all sorts of stuff on
Usenet and offline. I think I can make a fair judgement of a
programmer's experience from the types of questions they ask and the
sample code they post.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Arlington, MA

  • Re: Writing HTTP header
    ... > reputation is based on a mis-typed slash. ... Your total judgement is based ... An experienced C programmer would very likely not have made the mistake ... of repeatedly mistaking / for \. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: Writing HTTP header
    ... >> reputation is based on a mis-typed slash. ... Your total judgement is based ... Prev by Date: ...