Linux IPv6 address problem

Hi,

I am trying to test my IPv6 server on RH linux, I used to "modprobe
ipv6" and got an ipv6 address "fe80::20c:f1ff:fed4:c4f5", but if I use
"ping6 fe80::20c:f1ff:fed4:c4f5", I get the following
error:
connect: Invalid argument
I also used a simple client trying to connect to this address (my
server was listening on ipv6 wild card address and was able to accept
ipv4 connections), I got the same error.

Any idea what's happening?

PS: the linux i used:
Linux 2.4.21-37.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Sep 7 13:28:55 EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux

Fang

  • Re: Strange problems with socket back-connection - ECONNREFUSED error
    ... It is a CentOS Linux ... It is client/server software, client part running on Windows (2000/XP/ ... number and send own IP + that port number to a server. ... static int out_fd; ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Secured Linux box for Windows access
    ... On the client side, I can automatically remove temp files, harden up ... > struggling with the Linux side and its configuration. ... it is possible to use a VPN to secure your shares as tehy go ... distribution-specific guides to security. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Strange problems with socket back-connection - ECONNREFUSED error
    ... It is a CentOS Linux ... It is client/server software, client part running on Windows (2000/XP/ ... server part running on CentOS Linux. ... connection in a TaskInfo. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • RE: [SLE] Red Carpet
    ... Looking for best free tool /open source solution for Linux operating system ... maintain package and patch repositories. ... All of the methods listed above save the manual one, including Red Carpet, ... and some sort of client. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: 2nd Request: HP NetServer LC II and Windows XP Pro
    ... installed Linux on it. ... Setting up a Linux file server for Windows ... Client is a small church. ... >(Ben Myers) wrote: ...
    (comp.sys.hp.hardware)