Re: How to look up a system type?

Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
"Leo.Hou" <leo.hou@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

then '__STD_TYPE __SSIZE_T_TYPE __ssize_t;'
then '#define __SSIZE_T_TYPE __SWORD_TYPE'
and finally '# define __SWORD_TYPE int'.

So 'int' it is, but that took me about 10 minutes... What is a better
way to do so?

$ echo '#include <signal.h>' | gcc -E - | grep ssize_t
__extension__ typedef int __ssize_t;

Nice trick. To look up a macro as well gcc -E -dD can be used.

  • Re: Insulin pumpers
    ... most of the world int he Northern hemisphere cnhanged last weekend. ... Inthe US they wait one additional week so that Halloween is ove as many kids are wlking araound neighborhoods on Halloween night doing trick or treat" and collecting candy and many streets and road in teh US do not have sidewal,s, so it is deemed safer to have it et dark that hour later than standard time so the little ones can finish their fun with less risk of being hit by a car. ... this change occurred several years ago adn, at the same time, they moved up the start of daylight time to mid March instead of the first sunday in April. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Invalid parameter binding
    ... Thanks Bjorn, that did the trick. ... >>I am having a problem with calling a stored procedure. ... >>@brochureId int, ...
    (comp.lang.java.databases)
  • Re: Invalid parameter binding
    ... Thanks Bjorn, that did the trick. ... >>I am having a problem with calling a stored procedure. ... >>@brochureId int, ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: Create shared libraries
    ... Paul Pluzhnikov wrote: ... that's an interesting little tidbit. ... I can see many dangers. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • Re: identifier scope in old-style declarations
    ... Eric Sosman wrote: ... snip ... ... int man{ ... this is a trick question.) ...
    (comp.lang.c)