to select() or poll() ??
- From: spambox1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 13 Nov 2006 10:55:12 -0800
Which asynchronous multiplexer is "recommended" to use, select() or
poll(). From the Solaris man pages, I read the following;
"The poll(2) function is preferred over this function. It must be
used when the number of file descriptors wxceeds FD_SETSIZE"
Linux offers in libevent a "call back" functionality for multiplexing
I/O desccriptors. Are these functions accepted as portable standard c
- Prev by Date: Re: One command in more than line
- Next by Date: Re: Solaris 8 network programming problem
- Previous by thread: Control the cmd-flow in csh
- Next by thread: Re: to select() or poll() ??