Re: select() "hangs"
- From: William Ahern <william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:39:29 -0800
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:49:15 -0800, ralph.schlosser wrote:
Please consider the following code excerpt:I have not spotted anything obviously wrong with the code above. How do you
know it is select() which blocks? Have you run the code under a system call
tracer? Are all descriptors set to non-blocking mode?
I definately know it's the select call since I have put a debug
statement directly after the select() line. I'm not aware of any system
call tracers other than strace (under Linux), which in my case can't be
used directly as I have a daemon application.
strace -p <PID>
- Prev by Date: malloc implementation
- Next by Date: Re: malloc implementation
- Previous by thread: Re: select() "hangs"
- Next by thread: Re: select() "hangs"