Re: select() "hangs"

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:49:15 -0800, ralph.schlosser wrote:

Alex,

[snip]
Please consider the following code excerpt:
[...]
I have not spotted anything obviously wrong with the code above. How do you
know it is select() which blocks? Have you run the code under a system call
tracer? Are all descriptors set to non-blocking mode?

I definately know it's the select call since I have put a debug
statement directly after the select() line. I'm not aware of any system
call tracers other than strace (under Linux), which in my case can't be
used directly as I have a daemon application.

strace -p <PID>

man strace(1).
.