Re: UDP packets

On May 16, 11:44 pm, Jack <junw2...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The system is Sun OS. I checked my system. The default UDP buffer
setting is about 250K. If I make
it larger, like 10M, is there any problem? Assume memory is enough.

Even if you find in experimentation that you never lose a UDP datagram
after you do this, I still would consider it irresponsible to assume
that it will never happen. You still have to design your code to
handle this situation gracefully.

Why did you choose UDP in the first place? It sounds like it would be
about the worst choice.

DS

  • Re: Faster Computers Someday
    ... with optical processing using four spare modulators that Bell Labs had ... Four were enough to do logic, but they needed a memory ... which some claim allows infinite multiplexing. ...
    (comp.arch)
  • Re: sci.lang is not meant for religious propaganda
    ... all messages flushed immediately from you memory. ... to remember the term "experimental archaeology" ... imitative experimentation can be used to strengthen the inferential ...
    (sci.lang)
  • Xorg error 104 translation
    ... experimentation on this computer system and have come to the conclusion ... not preventing me from typing telinit 5 at the command prompt and when I ... I do know the minimum memory requirement for X is 192M and I have only ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Attaching conditions to RIPA ?
    ... Then your memory must be exceptionally good. ... related to a passphrase I ... for experimentation, or I typoed it when entering it. ... In each case I'm keeping the system intact in case inspiration stikes! ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Huge interrupt overhead reported after RAM added to Atom-based system
    ... Have been doing more experimentation regarding this problem. ... This makes me wonder if there's some sort of memory bank switching or extended addressing mechanism here. ... I'd like to experiment with having FreeBSD try to use less than the full 4 GB (e.g., to make it act as if memory ended at, say, 3 GB) but I'm not sure how to tell the kernel to do that. ...
    (freebsd-questions)