Re: How can I write hard-to-find bugs???
- From: Måns Rullgård <mans@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 21:11:37 +0100
Pascal Bourguignon <pjb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
"Lucas J. Riesau" <ion_sphere@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
I want to write a few programs with hard-to-find bugs,
so that those who're going to debug the programs
will become insane.
How can I write hard-to-find bugs???
The easiest way would be to use threads and global variables (and only
that, no semaphore, no condition, no mutex, etc).
Or better, throw in a semaphore, post it accidentally in some obscure
situation (e.g. error condition), and have this result in a hardware
lockup. Yes, I had to debug one of those just last week.
Troll group removed.
- Prev by Date: Re: How can I write hard-to-find bugs???
- Next by Date: Re: simple question
- Previous by thread: Re: How can I write hard-to-find bugs???
- Next by thread: How to get the socket file descriptor which is connecting on a specified IP address and Port