Re: C/C++ File Parser

mudassir <mudassir.shabbir@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi All,

I am in search of a snippet that could parse a C/C++ source file and
give out as output different information on it. For example

1. Signature of function defined in a file.
2. Name of Global Variables declared.

ctags/etags does both.

3. Files dependencies..(#include).

makedepend does that.

Of course, you may not have these on your system but they are both
available as free (i.e. GPL) source.

--
Ben.

  • C/C++ File Parser
    ... I am in search of a snippet that could parse a C/C++ source file and ... Signature of function defined in a file. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: C/C++ File Parser
    ... I am in search of a snippet that could parse a C/C++ source file and ... It's a gcc patched to extract the parse tree as ... Then you can do whatever you want with the xml. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: Question on MODULE_VERSION macro
    ... > I have not yet fully understood why you want to parse every source file. ... > calculating the sum of the whole file? ... -- Rusty Russell. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: PArsing tables of web page directly on the web.
    ... So I wanted to get source of that particular page and then parse the source file. ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Text File Parsing
    ... The source file still wasn't parsed as intended. ... Programming's about abstraction, and you can't make a good abstraction ... To write code to parse a file, ... Regexes are useful, yes, but to use them effectively in Ruby you also ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)