Re: Write to executable which has done execve

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 06:31:39 -0700 Bronson <pshemu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 14 Sie, 02:25, Frank Cusack <fcus...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:18:03 -0700 Bronson <psh...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Now i've got it.... Sorry for all that, it was my stupid mistake...
I did execve from another thread, not the main thread...
That is why shell was quiting and probably setpriority crashing... ;-)

I don't see how that matters. All threads are, by definition, equivalent.
There isn't really such a thing as a "main thread".

-frank

I do know exactly, but "main" i call the one, which is executed when
the program executes (for example when you do not create any thread,
the main is running). I don't know - maybe it is called process
then...
I was just curious, why shell quits when i make execv. Now i know - i
call it not from the thread, which shell is executing, and that is why
it quits (in man of execve it is written, that all other threads are
closed exept one, which executes execve). I think you now get my
point.

I think I get it. Makes sense.
-frank

  • Re: Write to executable which has done execve
    ... I did execve from another thread, ... why shell quits when i make execv. ... which executes execve). ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: Write to executable which has done execve
    ... I did execve from another thread, ... That is why shell was quiting and probably setpriority crashing... ... why shell quits when i make execv. ... closed exept one, which executes execve). ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: Write to executable which has done execve
    ... I did execve from another thread, ... That is why shell was quiting and probably setpriority crashing... ... why shell quits when i make execv. ... closed exept one, which executes execve). ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: Write to executable which has done execve
    ... I did execve from another thread, ... That is why shell was quiting and probably setpriority crashing... ... closed exept one, which executes execve). ... to allow arbitrary built-in commands, ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: ForceCommand executes shell
    ... but ruins the possiblity of having a normal shell on the ... standard port 22. ... accept the '-c' argument as sshd executes 'shell' '-c'. ... HPC Systems Programmer at SARA Computing and Network Services ...
    (SSH)