Re: non-threaded accept

Almond wrote:
In article <13h7svtsbag2805@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, CptDondo <yan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've got a conceptual problem I'm trying to work through.

I need to write a server that handles up to 8 connections, and sends out
a different mjpeg stream from each one. I am handling up to 8 cameras
and I have to serve them round-robin fasion; I cannot handle concurrent
access to 2 cameras so each read from a camera must complete before the
next one starts.

Selling sex?

Sounds more like security cameras.

  • Re: Do most DVRs hand both IP & Analog cameras?
    ... Plug the cameras and DVR into the same network switch, hub or router, and you're good to go. ... When ad copy and specs refer to "ports" on a DVR, you can be 99.999% certain they're referring to analog video ports, whether they be standard BNC or RCA connectors, or quasi-proprietary RJ-11 or RJ-45 connections that also provide power and/or audio connections to the cameras. ... In theory, if camera and switch both comply with PoE spec, there shouldn't be loading issues, as the camera spec should not allowed it to draw more current than the power provision spec tells the switch it should be able to supply. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: non-threaded accept
    ... a different mjpeg stream from each one. ... I am handling up to 8 cameras ... NewsMaestro download page: ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: AKICIF: Security cameras
    ... doors that are for emergency exits only. ... pictures of unauthorized exits that are sent to Security. ... The computer hardware we have can handle up to 16 cameras. ... the connections in, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: Outdoor camera connections.
    ... I have an installation of outdoor cameras on a brick building coming up. ... It's a nice looking building and I'd like some ideas for mounting the cameras and find out how you-all are terminating the camera connections. ... I presently use compression fittings for the wires going into the box and caulk the wire hole through the wall. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)
  • Re: pda + camera + cable
    ... > ppc's have cameras but they generally don't support cable connections... ... The best would be a pda with some hard disk, to record input from a video ... camera, but through cables. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)