Re: the ~ after the file names

In article <1157252650.300657.227380@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"claudwilcox@xxxxxxxxx" <claudwilcox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Safe to delete them if the same named file (without the ~) exists.
I'm guessing you're using emacs to edit your files, and it leaves (an
annoying) backup copy of the file.

Yes, you are correct, I am using emacs.

Does the filename~ version auto-save itself every x minutes, or only
automatically when a user quits editing?

When you save the file, it renames the original file to filename~.

This is separate from the auto-save feature, which periodically saves
your work to #filename#.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Arlington, MA