Re: the ~ after the file names
- From: Barry Margolin <barmar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 23:13:12 -0400
In article <1157252650.300657.227380@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"claudwilcox@xxxxxxxxx" <claudwilcox@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Safe to delete them if the same named file (without the ~) exists.
I'm guessing you're using emacs to edit your files, and it leaves (an
annoying) backup copy of the file.
Yes, you are correct, I am using emacs.
Does the filename~ version auto-save itself every x minutes, or only
automatically when a user quits editing?
When you save the file, it renames the original file to filename~.
This is separate from the auto-save feature, which periodically saves
your work to #filename#.
Barry Margolin, barmar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
*** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***
*** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***
- Prev by Date: Re: the ~ after the file names
- Next by Date: Re: the ~ after the file names
- Previous by thread: Re: the ~ after the file names
- Next by thread: Re: the ~ after the file names