Re: ksh script re-executed automatically one again (after completion)

chandu wrote:
Hi All,

We were using SunOS 5.8 version and we have a process ( cron job -
shell script )
which calls sub-scripts 1 then script 2 and then script 3 and each
sub-
sript takes couple of hours to complete.

Suddenly today we saw that script 3 re-executed automatically once
again (after completion) and all the previous data was replaced and
we
lost the previous log also.

Is there anyone who faced this kind of sistuation? what can be the
reason? how to overcome this kind of problem next time?

Thanks in advance for your valueble suggestions...

Daylight Savings changeover in the middle?

Cheers,
Gary B-)

  • Re: pop-forum Re: poplog-dev A look at Poplog on the Macintosh
    ... with the poplink command. ... When trying to make pglink produce a 'sh' rather than a 'csh' shell ... script for linking and when trying to make it put unexpanded environment ... using the shell script pglibr, ...
    (comp.lang.pop)
  • Files appear to be cross linked
    ... script requires a number of standard environment variables to be set ... so it calls a second shell script to set these at the session level, ... control should return to the first shell script, ... that the script executes to the last line prior to the displaying of ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: [PHP] Catch STDERR
    ... into your PHP script? ... Or do you just need STDOUT in one variable, and STDERR in another, ... Another option is to try to write a .sh shell script to get what you ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: basic questions
    ... Setting a script that runs at 3:00 ... Set chron to run that shell script. ... Debug the GUI application with the REPL. ... You start up the Web browser, then browse the Web, visit a hundred ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Converting large bash script to TCL
    ... I know that TCL and shell scripting share a lot of similarities. ... The shell script ... Determine what it (the script) is supposed to do ... echo "WOULD YOU LIKE TO INSTALL NAC DRIVER ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)