Re: New McBride IP Letter on SCO Website

From: Mark Edwards (genericEMAIL_at_BIGblueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 09/09/03

Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 20:23:14 +0100

Bill Burns wrote:

> http://www.sco.com/company/openletter/

Have you seen this page ? http://radio.weblogs.com/0120124/

one of the companies I used to work for has decided that continuing with
OpenServer is too risky with the attack on SCO from IBM. Hope to be on HP
systems by the end of the year...

--
---
Remove EMAIL & BIG when replying to my email address.

Relevant Pages

  • [Full-Disclosure] SCO internet manager local root.
    ... SCO OpenServer / Internet Manager ... A vulnerability in SCO Internet Manager program for OpenServer ... About Texonet: ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Beginnning to think about VMware and SCO 5.0.5
    ... The client running SCO 5.0.5 Enterprise on two ... VMWare server or workstation for OpenServer installations. ... 512M RAM and a DPT 3754U2 RAID controller with 16M cache RAM, ... I'd love to upgrade the 5.0.6 that I'm working with. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Binary sco 5.0.4 to Linux
    ... I have asked if I can contribute in an operation they want a Informix ... Database installed on a SCO 5.0.4 with the 4GL. ... I would install SCO 5.0.6a under a VMware ... In my experience OpenServer runs fine in VMware VMs under Linux, ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Current State of OpenServer Users and Implementations?
    ... SCO products would wish to migrate to supported operating systems such ... OpenServer media and licenses at what looks like pretty high prices. ... I looked for cheap ones and had trouble. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Alternative to SCO
    ... long you consider long term and what you're doing with OpenServer. ... Most of our servers have been running on Linux or FreeBSD for years (it's ... not like the future of SCO hasn't been in doubt for at least five years). ... Also one Xenix customer. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)