Re: just SCO but look at FSF....

From: Joe Dunning (joe_at_blahblah.invalid)
Date: 10/26/03

Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 03:25:06 GMT

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:34:08 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
<jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us> wrote:

>Speaking of non-monetary transfers, there are also some unenforceable
>clauses found in many software licenses. All the AT&T/USL Unix source
>licenses included a clause demanding that any derivative work
>(enhancements and bug fixes) performed by the licensee must be
>supplied back to AT&T/USL for inclusion into the source code base.

I must have missed that. Care to tell me which section of the ATT/IBM
license agreement requires this?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Why are mkisofs ISOs so large?
    ... if running a program under Linux makes it a derivative ... I don't know of too many apps that link with the kernel except glibc. ... that a derivative work is one based on another. ... The same is true of GPL3 and GPL2, and most other licenses with respect ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Why are mkisofs ISOs so large?
    ... if running a program under Linux makes it a derivative ... work of the Linux kernel, then a Windows program run for the first time ... that a derivative work is one based on another. ... The same is true of GPL3 and GPL2, and most other licenses with respect ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Future of Delphi 7.x - need official word from Borland
    ... Get bug fixes. ... Neither bug fixes or new licenses for D7 over the "next several years" ... is a realistic expectation. ... Note that I am not saying that it would ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Open Source License Question
    ... IMO the problem with the licenses ... What is a derivative work? ... Istvan. ...
    (comp.lang.python)