RE: No syslog entries on Sunday's & Monday's

From: Fabio Giannotti (fabiog_at_venmar.com)
Date: 11/17/03

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 20:42:40 GMT
To: "Scomsc (E-mail)" <scomsc@xenitec.on.ca>

Not sure, but I think you need to restart (kill -1) syslog to get it writing
to the "new" file even though it's the same name as the "old" file.

Fabio

Relevant Pages

  • Re: telnet.pm
    ... >server using a perl script??? ... I saw the other posts about fake windows telnet servers, ... pass that point and find a telnet server you can talk to... ... I used to do a lot of Net::Telnet on our SCO Unix boxes, ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: B.O.s script help maybe? Was: (no subject)
    ... You have a script. ... =>He wants to run a script that sends a message to a central syslog server ... of what you're going to add to syslog.conf) to a central server which will ... Stranger things have .0. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: My unix server unexpectadly shut down
    ... but its a server we really cannot afford to ... That might have caused the problem if it's really over 2 GB - that version of SCO has a 2GB limit on files, and if syslog is over that, then you might see PANIC's and sudden shutdowns. ... You can examine the old syslog file with various tools, tail or split come to mind. ...
    (comp.unix.questions)
  • Re: No syslog entries on Sundays & Mondays
    ... >>I have a SCO 5.0.6 server. ... >>sure if the script is causing the problem. ... >>details to syslog. ... If you delete the file, the daemon will continue to write ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Same Internal Server Error from last two days
    ... I am trying to run a Hello World Perl Script in Apache 2.2. ... But its constantly giving me Internal Server Error.The script ... # have to place corresponding `LoadModule' lines at this location so the ...
    (perl.beginners)