Re: Print issues with JetDirect and OpenServer

From: Tony Lawrence (apl_at_shell01.TheWorld.com)
Date: 01/27/04

Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:21:42 +0000 (UTC)

See http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/scotec7.html#staircase

>2) Under Windows, I once knew how to fool a DOS program into thinking it was
>printing to the physical LPT1 port by somehow naming the printer "LPT1".
>I'd like to do this, if still possible, under Windows 98.

And you are asking on a Unix newsgroup? Well, OK :-)

Capture the port and redirect it to a real printer (that's
in your printer properties). See
http://support.mfm.com/support/troubleshooting/printing/unc.html

You can also use things like
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/redmon/en/redmon.htm

--
tony@aplawrence.com Unix/Linux/Mac OS X  resources: http://aplawrence.com

  • Re: freebsd-current Digest, Vol 30, Issue 3
    ... >> I commited a fix that would have caused all of the jerky behaviors under ... > The port is broken on all architectures. ... > Rionda aka Matteo Riondato ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • [git patches] net driver fixes
    ... Fix return code in pci-skeleton.c ... struct adapter *adapter; ... int t3_mc5_init(struct mc5 *mc5, unsigned int nservers, unsigned int nfilters, ... RMON counters into the port statistics. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [9fans] Two suggestions for ape
    ... easier to fix ape than to convince maintaners of autoconf to fix on ... limitation in Plan9 awk may be more fundamental problem. ... these problems arise only if one wants to have a port for Plan9 ...
    (comp.os.plan9)
  • Re: Falcons Device 6 and 7 problem
    ... the infamous software patchs were created to ... Most Falcon owners probably know what I'm ... Is there a Hardware fix that one can do that would ... Some early Falcon's had a bug where the serial port would not work until the machine had been reset. ...
    (comp.sys.atari.st)
  • Re: Microsoft Exchange 2007 and port 80?
    ... Fix the serious stuff. ... So apparently it is every 5 days because mail flow on the Exchange ... server stopped again today. ... You still haven't said whether or not you can connect to port 25 on ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)