Re: file command

From: Ronald J Marchand (rojomar_at_covad.net)
Date: 02/19/04

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:39:59 -0600

"todd" <weshyd@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:JNaZb.562$yZ1.221@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Hi,
>
> SCO 5.04
> What is an easy way to tail the end of two files and copy result into one
> file?
> Something like tail -10 file1 file2 | outputfile. Only something that
works.

would this work in your situation?
tail file1 > outputfile
tail file2 >> outputfile

Relevant Pages

  • Re: My unix server unexpectadly shut down
    ... but its a server we really cannot afford to ... That might have caused the problem if it's really over 2 GB - that version of SCO has a 2GB limit on files, and if syslog is over that, then you might see PANIC's and sudden shutdowns. ... You can examine the old syslog file with various tools, tail or split come to mind. ...
    (comp.unix.questions)
  • Re: file command
    ... todd wrote: ... > What is an easy way to tail the end of two files and copy result into one ... John DuBois spcecdt@armory.com KC6QKZ/AE http://www.armory.com/~spcecdt/ ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)