Re: ssh debug

pablo typed (on Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 12:41:03PM -0700):
| I need to increase debug level of my sshd.
|
| Can I do this without stopping the daemon ?

No.

| If not, can I stop and start the sshd without reboot the system ?

Yes.

| I ask this because I tried to kill -9 sshd process and then from the
| command line :
| sshd -ddd but the the command hangs before full starting the daemon
| .
|
| I have 0s5.0.7

Use /etc/init.d script or /etc/rc2.d script.

--
JP
==> http://www.frappr.com/cusm <==

  • RE: X11 Forwarding
    ... Upon receipt of a connection request, ... the daemon forks, creating a new process. ... I guess all those forums out there saying that sshd reads the config ... First do a "ps -f" to get the PPID ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Rebuilding OpenSSH on RedHat 7.3
    ... I compiled using a prefix of /usr instead of /usr/local, ... seem to put the daemon in /usr/sbin where the default location is for RH ... the init script points at the correct sshd. ... other binaries are not in the right place because sshd that got ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: [opensuse] What is with the script kiddies tonight??
    ... That file is used by more than just sshd. ... meaning you have already logged in to some daemon or other by the time ... mplayer was just a bit more embellishment, the icing on the cake, if you will. ... If it is just an automated dictionary attack, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: sshd config config file question
    ... The daemon is up and has been up for a long time. ... for instance as a test maxauthtries to 3 I also ... sshd_config file change and reloading. ... also check to see if sshd is running by using "ps". ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Dictionary sshd attacks
    ... >little daemon in perl to deal with it. ... >running my rc.iptables startup script to set things back to the baseline ... Have you tried moving sshd to a non-standard port? ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)