cron "c queue max run limit reached"



I have a server which has several timed "cron" tasks that must
complete. A few weeks back, a power failure occured and now these
cron jobs do not work. Two days ago, I turned on the cron job 'log'
and today the log is showing "c queue max run limit reached" I
looked for more info on this messgae and was suggested to check a line
in th cron's queuedefs. The original file did not have a "c." line so
cron will use default settings.

How can I completely remove the limits or find/fix my problem?
.



Relevant Pages

  • Re: Non reproducible NIS failure
    ... >> Are you saying that the server is only used locally? ... >> the localhost machine? ... > I've already thought about that but ypxfr in this architecture are ... cron jobs to tickle hourly, daly, etc. cron jobs for NIX. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • cron output mail contains no recipient address
    ... Ever since I upgraded my backup server to 7.2R ... cron jobs that produce output that used to be emailed to me now fail ... Mail setup is very basic, just exim that delivers to the main server. ... (root is aliased in the /etc/aliases) ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: EM backup problem
    ... oracle on that box but I double check just to make sure we don't have ... any cron jobs that's sitting there on old server. ... you could check the Windows Task Scheduler on your Windows ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Command line mail via Lotus Domino
    ... I have a set of reporting scripts that run as cron jobs on all my servers (a hodge-podge mix of several versions of Fedora & RHEL). ... The problem here is that sendmail is not allowed in the environment and the only mail server is a Lotus Domino server. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: cron job
    ... I need to move big files from one remote server to other remote ... I think I can do this by cron jobs. ...
    (Ubuntu)