Re: cron "c queue max run limit reached"

smlunatick typed (on Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 07:02:09AM -0700):
| I have a server which has several timed "cron" tasks that must
| complete. A few weeks back, a power failure occured and now these
| cron jobs do not work. Two days ago, I turned on the cron job 'log'
| and today the log is showing "c queue max run limit reached" I
| looked for more info on this messgae and was suggested to check a line
| in th cron's queuedefs. The original file did not have a "c." line so
| cron will use default settings.
|
| How can I completely remove the limits or find/fix my problem?

Have you studied the man pages for cron and for queuedefs?

--
JP

  • Re: DOM timers and the system clock.
    ... CRON jobs are set to fire at specific times. ... Duration is defined as the interval between two points in time. ... If the OS only has one timer, how do you suggest it keeps track ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: [Leafnode] & [slrn] page: Comments?
    ... which makes the error messages more difficult to find. ... Leafnode 2 docs only speak of a 'news.info' log, ... Many of the cron jobs in slackware report to /dev/null, ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Cron on Tiger?
    ... > longer used for system cron jobs ... ... Standard tutorials on UNIX will describe this, if not 'man crontab' will help. ... sudo crontab crontab.cron ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: [Leafnode] & [slrn] page: Comments?
    ... which makes the error messages more difficult to find. ... but IIRC Ubuntu doesn't install a mail server by ... Many of the cron jobs in slackware report to /dev/null, ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: Re-Direct To Null In A CronTab?
    ... prevent cron from generating e-mails for each time it runs a job. ... You WANT to get e-mail from failed cron jobs. ...
    (comp.unix.admin)