Restoring DD image in VM

Hello,

I have a complete DD image of an existing install that refuses to boot in a VM.
I have installed a blank 6.0.0Ni and can mount the images and access data.
Original unit will not boot.
Dell Poweredge 2800 Mirrored 36GB
will not boot says cannot fsck root or rroot

Virtual machine
vfs_mountfailed
happens with scsi or ide

Any thoughts?

  • Re: Transferring SCO Drive to Another Server
    ... >>I need to mount it in another server. ... I'll install any OS you can suggest in order to get ... Does the machine boot? ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: XP HOME BOOT FAILURE
    ... Boot the system, start tapping F8, when the menu appears, select ... download install and run the application: ... A repair install should bypass that but it will ... >> on, follow the screens. ...
  • Re: Dual Boot; worried about overwriting C: Boot Drive with Win2k
    ... > replacement, I decided to install that as a slave drive, but I have not ... I also want to dual boot, ... DO NOT install the Linux boot loader on ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: What is this for?
    ... You'll have to boot ... home partition's mount point to /home. ... Certainly I'd most likely redo the install. ... martin@ | Martin Gregorie ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: boot sector f*ed
    ... "I updated the machine and it doesn't boot anymore". ... Please capture the output from running fdisk and bsdlabel on the problem disk ... Soft updates is a technique employed by the filesystem to ensure that the file ... application to install the 64bit FBSD with flashplugin on the portable ...
    (freebsd-questions)