Re: Program effeciency due to comments..

From: Michael Heiming (michael+USENET_at_www.heiming.de)
Date: 10/24/03

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:51:21 +0200

phud <member42279@dbforums.com> wrote:

> Hey.

> Let's say you have a shell script which all in all is 10000 lines, and
> of those, 2000 lines are comments.

> Anyone got any idea?

Yep, you strip of the comments and try it out:

$ time script_com
$ time script_uncom

You need to run both a few times, depending on how clever your OS
caches the file, there should be a difference, between the first
and the later runs.

Later you show us what happened.

Good luck

--
Michael Heiming
inconvenience, but I get tons of SPAM

Relevant Pages

  • Re: exchange newbie question
    ... If you have run the CEICW wizard, you will have com accros the strip ... attachment function in the emailsection. ... I am running SBS 2003 Premium and had a few questions on Exchange ... Is it possible to set up real-time SPAM filters that query of publicly ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: A plea for clarity of email addresses in newsgroups & forums
    ... result of posting with addresses at that domain was the spam being sent to ... therefore seemed best - strip the word spam, and the result is an address ... even leaves the spammer's machine - or their pwned machines). ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
  • Re: Shameless plug: alpkit.com
    ... Steve Pardoe wrote: ... > Hi, Sean & all, ... >> Sorry if anyone thinks this looks like spam. ... Yes I love me phud. ...
    (uk.rec.climbing)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Yahoo Messenger Source CodeReleased:ChatWindowCode
    ... If I could strip it so it didn't spam my members, ... I'll need to talk to Google about it. ... [Full-Disclsoure] ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Thrusting Hodirs Spear - revisited
    ... So I think that the encounter might have become harder at revered compared ... to honoured and thought I'd strip again until I had figured out what to do ... I just spam the buttons, ... reliably enough now that I use the quest to travel from the quests in ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)