Re: Recursive grep alias in csh

From: Ed Morton (mortonAVOIDINGSPAM_at_lucent.com)
Date: 11/26/03

Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:04:16 -0600

Roger Nilsson wrote:
> Ok, but do you know how to make an csh-alias take an argument ?

csh MAY be special, but aliases in any shell I use don't take arguments
- you need to define a function instead.

        Ed.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: using script command problem
    ... it shows a lot of strange chars along with the ... "If SHELL is not set, ... That is not necessary if you have your aliases and functions ... Some lesser distros do the same thing. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Automating alias saving in bash
    ... > At every user shell startup, the shell sources current global aliases from file ... > .aliases, which is common for all user shells. ... > trapping in .bashrc for EXIt signal to make every Bash shell to ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Automating alias saving in bash
    ... At every user shell startup, the shell sources current global aliases from file ... All user shells add their new aliases to the end of .aliases at exit. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Replace login shell with a different programm
    ... (I have used csh or tcsh as my shell since about 1982, ... debian seems to csh 20020413-1.1 ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Need a script to convert Uppercase in Lowercasse
    ... Well, that's your major problem. ... Csh is an awful shell. ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)