Re: Terminating Parent/Child User Written Korn Shell Functions???

From: lsrtech (crazedstang_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/27/03

Date: 27 Nov 2003 06:16:17 -0800

"Chris F.A. Johnson" <c.fa.johnson@rogers.com> wrote in message news:<bq3u5c$1u3bvl$1@ID-210011.news.uni-berlin.de>...
> >> *) cmd_syntax; return 1;;
> >
> > I tried this but it did not work...
>
> It works for me. What happens when you do it?
>
> I added this line to call the function:
>
> func_getuser "$@"
>
> Here are the results:
>
> $ xx.sh
> Inside the conditional statement...
>
> As it should be; there were no options, so the "while getopts..."
> loop is not entered, and cmd_syntax is not called.
>
> $ xx.sh -D
>
> usage: func_getuser -D domain
> -U user
>
> Again, correct; the required argument to -D was missing.
>
> $ xx.sh -Dq
> Inside the conditional statement...
>
> Once again, as it should be.
>
> $ xx.sh -X
>
> usage: func_getuser -D domain
> -U user
>
> -X is an invalid option, so cmd_syntax is called and the rest
>
> $ xx.sh -Dq -U
>
> usage: func_getuser -D domain
> -U user
>

> Argument to -U missing.
>
> $ xx.sh -Dq -Ux
> Inside the conditional statement...
>
> Again correct.
>
> What were your results?

I am traveling for the Thanksgiving Holiday--I will have access to my
Unix system beginning of next week. I will try the *) cmd_syntax;
return 1;; statement again--maybe I forgot to unset the function
before testing this mod.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Happy Thanksgiving
    ... traveling when the rest of the world is traveling. ... Then, for Christmas itself, since he has no in-laws ... So everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving on Thursday! ... It was just a delightful way of making their own tradition to ...
    (alt.support.arthritis)
  • Roomorama.com?
    ... traveling to New York City for Thanksgiving and I see that they allow ... I am a little wary still...Any insight would be appreciated. ...
    (rec.travel.misc)
  • Re: Happy Thanksgiving
    ... Kris wrote: ... >>> Have a great thanksgiving ... >>> I'll be traveling but I'll try to check in. ...
    (rec.martial-arts)
  • Re: Happy Thanksgiving
    ... >> Have a great thanksgiving ... >> I'll be traveling but I'll try to check in. ... Take care, ...
    (rec.martial-arts)