Re: BASH: piping inside 2 script

From: Stephane CHAZELAS (this.address_at_is.invalid)
Date: 12/14/03

Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 15:57:59 +0100

2003-12-14, 03:50(-08), Ambrosa:
[...]
> #!/bin/bash
> main_sw | sw1 | sw2 | sw3
> ------------------
> A very simple script and it works fine. main_sw and sw? are not mine
> and they was written in C.
>
> I need to group sw1 | sw2 | sw3 in another shell script (beta.sh)
> something like this:
> -----beta.sh------
> #!/bin/bash
> sw1 | sw2 | sw3
> ------------------
>
> and the main script alfa.sh now is:
> -----alfa.sh------
> #!/bin/bash
> main_sw | beta.sh
> ------------------
>
> Obviously something is missing in beta.sh

No, it's fine. Maybe you forgot to set execute permission for
beta.sh or to put it in your PATH.

--
Stéphane                      ["Stephane.Chazelas" at "free.fr"]

Relevant Pages

  • RE: An admin script to check missing dependencies
    ... An admin script to check missing dependencies ... of missing libraries and THEN immediately after re-calculate ... "Maybe1: ln -s $similarfile ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: An admin script to check missing dependencies
    ... An admin script to check missing dependencies ... of missing libraries and THEN immediately after re-calculate ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Unknown `--is-lightweight option
    ... configure: WARNING: 'missing' script is too old or missing ... I wondered because the debian VCS version was last updated in 2012 ... should I bother the developers of those projects to ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Missing field in Design Report
    ... solution it tells me that in many scripts a field is missing. ... approx. ... Fields used by this script: ... you can narrow down the steps in which the missing field reference is ...
    (comp.databases.filemaker)
  • Re: Reconfiguring VMS 6.2 - Shadow set question
    ... I like to keep the machines working and, if possible, in the state they ... So, if I say that DKA200: and DKA400: are missing, they are really missing! ... are left only some symbol definitions, then it calls a customized DCL ... script heavily, and I mean *heavily* commented, so it's easy to know ...
    (comp.os.vms)