Re: How can I join a range of lines in SED ?

From: James Blackmore (jblackmore_at_post.com)
Date: 04/14/04

Date: 14 Apr 2004 05:39:31 -0700

Thanks very much for the help, I used John's perl version as it was
shorter :-)

I keep meaning to do more perl, and have had the Camel book since 1997
but never manage to get into it, is there a better quick reference
book (ie unix in a nutshell type info for perl), someone could
recommend as maybe this would help me get into it more??

James.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Teach me how to fish, regexp
    ... the Camel book is a ... > Perl, it is going to be more than adequate. ... That caveat is exactly what makes it a bad *reference*. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • executable perl man pages
    ... I've been programming in Perl for about five years. ... leafing though some things at the beginning of the Camel book, ... just bought, and found the place on page xxv where it says that one ... So what are all those systems missing to make that capacity possible, ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • RE: Camel book relevance
    ... I for now on only Perl ... Armando Gomez Guajardo ... Subject: Re: Camel book relevance ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: my in the perl syntax
    ... > Camel book, but haven't found any thing about ... 'my' as that is really a best practice not an absolute necessity to ... Is an excellent article on scoping in Perl, ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: subclassing (?) package
    ... In Perl, a class is basically a package, so you've been on the ... you got the Camel book at hand, take a look into the OOP chapter. ...
    (perl.beginners)