Re: Another Substitution Problem

From: Alan Connor (zzzzzz_at_xxx.yyy)
Date: 05/30/04

    Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 22:14:00 GMT

    On Sat, 29 May 2004 23:26:00 +0200, Ego Shooter <do.not.reply@shooter.net> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I guess that the answer to my question is really simple but i didnīt
    > find it yet here or in the FAQ list.
    >
    > To keep it simple I ask my question using an example:
    >
    > How can I convert a string like "unix_linux_beos_mcos" to
    > "unix_Linux_Beos_Mcos" ?
    >
    > So how to convert all "_[a-z]" into "_[A-Z]" in the string ?
    >
    > Again, thx for your help!

    You know enough to write the above regular expressions but can't make
    the substitutions with sed after reading the FAQ?

    That makes no sense.

    AC

    • Re: How to write replace string for object which will be substituted? [regexp]
      ... I started learning regexp, and some things goes well, but most of ... regular expressions in a given situation. ... There is nothing wrong with cascading substitutions through multiple ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: How to write replace string for object which will be substituted? [regexp]
      ... I started learning regexp, and some things goes well, but most of ... regular expressions in a given situation. ... There is nothing wrong with cascading substitutions through multiple ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: How do I copy first consonant from a word into new cell
      ... I don't dislike Regular Expressions, it is just that I feel most people posting questions here are not all that familiar with them and would be more comfortable with solutions coded using native VB functions, operators, etc. ... I do feel your posting Regular Expression solutions is important, though, both for those reading this thread now, and those reading the thread later on in the archives, who are familiar with them. ...
      (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
    • Re: Killfiling direct reponses to Jeff Relf
      ... It's mentioned in the Modifers and Perl extensions ... sections of the Regular Expressions page in Dialog's Help. ... Copied from the Scoring/Actions Syntax page in Dialog's Help: ... Even reading the above in Xnews will produce several unwanted ...
      (news.software.readers)
    • Re: Comet, cribbing, and Benadryl...
      ... It was Kip's Thinking Horseman series. ... >>> warmblood ... Thx, JJ ... that's why I don't remember reading it then. ...
      (rec.equestrian)