access to clipboard in X?

jahurt_at_hotmail.com
Date: 07/25/04

Date: 24 Jul 2004 19:43:26 -0700

Please Is there a way to access the X clipboard from a shell script?
In other words, I'd like to be able to do something like this...

[some@guy]$ echo $CLIPBOARD

< contents of clipboard >

TIA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Create New Entourage Mail Message" does not work with shell script text input?
    ... I have a short shell script to parse the output of a very basic daily ... when I try to create a message inside Automator with "Create ... Entourage message as the step after that, then the text file is added ... The work around is to copy the output of the script to the clipboard ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: access to clipboard in X?
    ... > Please Is there a way to access the X clipboard from a shell script? ... xclip works well for me. ... Remove this part when replying ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: excel charts and powerpoint
    ... In article, Echo S wrote: ... several times before I get what I want on the clipboard. ... I guess some of us get the Excel resizing bug, some get the copy/paste one. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: [SLE] Clipboard without KDE
    ... > On a semi-related note, is it possible to have a clipboard without X? ... > TIA. ... Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: xclip
    ... Looked at xclip and xclipboard - ... I have a script that outputs some text that I would like in the clipboard ... that I can paste into an email in Windows Outlook. ... echo>> $file ...
    (freebsd-questions)