Re: extract values from a csv file

From: deva (devasingh_at_gmail.com)
Date: 06/06/05

Date: 6 Jun 2005 07:05:16 -0700

Hi ALL,

  Thanks for your email, The reason I asked to store the values into
individual variables, because I need to execute another shell script
which requires these values as parameters. so I need to parse the csv
file
line by line and store the values into variables and then execute the
another script with these values as parameters. By the way my csv file
consists of fixed columns.

For example File.csv consists of
ab,230,david,450
gh,430,jack,678
aa,560,sam,340

while EOF
parse csv
var1 = ab,var2 = 230,var3 = david,var4 = 450
testsms var1,var2,var3,var4
till EOF

I want something like this.

Thanks in advance
Deva

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Best way to store postfix data?
    ... with control logic in the same time as the old read one line, execute ... but there's some memory hog I've missed in there. ... that seems infinitely preferable to trying to store them inline ... Since I allow control routines, I have to execute at runtime, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Mounting with exec flag
    ... And I can copy a shell script to both devices and then execute ... UDEV config problem [if KDE uses UDEV info to mount devices) (I use ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: is malloc thread-safe??
    ... Richard Tobin wrote: ... If two separate threads that share the variable both execute the ... it can do the "store", the second thread can load, add, and store, ... C on some systems), an implementation-dependent locking mechanism ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Oracle dbi ?
    ... Can you execute a command line ... > shell script using OCI? ... Not using OCI, but Perl can run SQL*Plus very nicely. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: Calling shell script from a Servlet.
    ... > When I try to do the same thing from a Servlet I get nothing. ... > because Tomcat should be able to find a directory where shell script ... Should I put a symbolic link somewhere in Tomcat home ... read / execute to bash, and possibly read and even execute on all the ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)