Re: Error: *: Parameter not set

From: Chris F.A. Johnson (cfajohnson_at_gmail.com)
Date: 06/29/05

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:51:10 -0400

On 2005-06-29, DozyRosy wrote:
> I have a shell script which acts as a wrapper to another script and I
> want to propagate all the passed parameters through to the inner script
> (even if there are none). But if I use $* or $@ and there are no
> parameters passed in the I get an error and the script terminates. How
> do I avoid this?

     Without seeing your script, it can be no more than a wild guess.

     This is probably not the cause of the problem, but you should use
     "$@", not $@.

--
    Chris F.A. Johnson                     <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
    Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach, 2005, Apress

Relevant Pages

  • Re: pop-forum Re: poplog-dev A look at Poplog on the Macintosh
    ... with the poplink command. ... When trying to make pglink produce a 'sh' rather than a 'csh' shell ... script for linking and when trying to make it put unexpanded environment ... using the shell script pglibr, ...
    (comp.lang.pop)
  • Files appear to be cross linked
    ... script requires a number of standard environment variables to be set ... so it calls a second shell script to set these at the session level, ... control should return to the first shell script, ... that the script executes to the last line prior to the displaying of ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: [PHP] Catch STDERR
    ... into your PHP script? ... Or do you just need STDOUT in one variable, and STDERR in another, ... Another option is to try to write a .sh shell script to get what you ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Converting large bash script to TCL
    ... I know that TCL and shell scripting share a lot of similarities. ... The shell script ... Determine what it (the script) is supposed to do ... echo "WOULD YOU LIKE TO INSTALL NAC DRIVER ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: basic questions
    ... Setting a script that runs at 3:00 ... Set chron to run that shell script. ... Debug the GUI application with the REPL. ... You start up the Web browser, then browse the Web, visit a hundred ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)