Re: check my own ip number ?

From: Alan Connor (i3x9mdw_at_j9n35c.invalid)
Date: 11/17/05

Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 04:24:55 GMT

On comp.unix.shell, in <GVOef.93$GG1.4@tornado.rdc-kc.rr.com>,
"Dan Mercer" wrote:

> "Thomas Bosch" <t-bosch@versanet.de> wrote in message
>news:dlf3t9$1u8$1@news01.versatel.de... : or: : lynx -dump
>http://checkip.dyndns.org|cut -d ":" -f 2|sed -e 's/|head -n 1
>
> None of these web based solutions will work if you are behind
> a NAT router/firewall. Now that may be the IP you are looking
> for, though it's unlikely you'll be able to do much with it.

Marek already has his IPs: The one that Thomas' solution gave
him, and his box's address: 10.0.1.2.

> What - no perl on your system?

Right. Perl. Do you use tactical nukes to remove stumps from
your backyard?

AC

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Using Substr and Regular expressions.
    ... :> to program in perl yet. ... :> Dan Mercer ... make the script easier to use but I was not having much luck with the ... tutorials I found on the web. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Using Substr and Regular expressions.
    ... :> to program in perl yet. ... :> Dan Mercer ... make the script easier to use but I was not having much luck with the ... tutorials I found on the web. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: check my own ip number ?
    ... On 2005-11-16, Dan Mercer wrote: ... > None of these web based solutions will work if you are behind a NAT router/firewall. ... Shell Scripting Recipes: | My code in this post, if any, ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: [Long] about ksh93
    ... "Dan Mercer" writes: ... Well, gee, why stop there? ... you need to do things that awk doesn't do, I don't see why perl is ... >: assembler. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Using Substr and Regular expressions.
    ... my $num; ... Dan Mercer ... you're not ready to program in perl yet." ... make the script easier to use but I was not having much luck with the ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)