Re: Dealing with unix command overriden by alias

On 2006-02-09, kk_oop@xxxxxxxxx <kk_oop@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi. I just wrote a C Shell script that includes an invocation of the
unix "find" command. As it turns out, some users of the C Shell have
.cshrc files that define an alias for "find" that does something else.
Is there a way for me to have the C Shell script force the unix find
command to be executed, even if there is a find alias defined?

Umm... Call it with the full path... ?

--

http://rlworkman.net

  • Re: Back to last driectory
    ... thing to do would be to modify the shell itself to add a directory stack ... as well as a command stack and modify the "cd" command to accept ... I alias cd to chdir which is a function ... The trailing space tells the shell to check the next word for an alias so ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Lisp/Unix impedance [a programming challenge]
    ... >> I don't think you even have any idea what Unix is. ... nice if using a command shell under Windows didn't feel like working ... with blinders on a command line that's been made deliberately hard to ... An Emacs over a *nix shell is pretty usable at controlling ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: "Under z/OS Unix"
    ... task is running under have UNIX credentials. ... Unix command binaries can be invoked by BPXBATCH/COZBATCH (see ... The former is then referring to the shell built in commands and the ... I'd prefer "The shell can be run interactively, via TSO OMVS..." ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: problems w/ my MAC OS 10.5.7 unix?
    ... The unix described there ... differs from that on my Mac. ... Mac OS X no longer makes the tcsh shell default (I think it did up ... case, after freshly launching Terminal and typing the "ps" command, the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.programmer.help)
  • Re: How to run unix command using system()?
    ... In Unix, the "system" is Unix; so, the system utility runs Unix commands ... from within a shell. ... You wouldn't expect it to run an i5/OS command. ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc)