Re: Power Shell

When I first heard about Monad I thought "what a cool idea, too bad
Microsoft is doing it". I only know about it in theory but it seems
like the idea would be appealing to object oriented people (like Java
types). I wouldn't mind seeing an OSS version of this. I love command
line programming but I have noticed that the values you get by parsing
stdout with regex can be a little unreliable when it comes to
production scripts and apps. Though, I have to admit, its hard imagine
a unix implementation of this where everything else is so text oriented.

  • Re: Regular expressions
    ... if you are looking for Regular Expression help check out: ... RegEx Tutorial for VB: ... Sign the petition to Microsoft. ... >> newsgroups devoted exclusively to .NET programming. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.syntax)
  • Re: windows server 2003
    ... >I've been pretty active on an upcoming MS product (Monad) and ... >have done a fair bit of support in the microsoft.* groups around this. ...
    (uk.net.news.config)
  • Re: Article: Microsoft Cuts Windows Vista Feature
    ... In an interview last week, Microsoft Director of Product Management Eric Berg said Monad will not be included in the first commercial version of Windows Vista, expected in the second half of 2006. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Negative lookahead regex clarification needed
    ... I've been using a Regex Coach to run through this and I think ... If you have any non-word characters at ... double-quote context of a regular expression. ... > Match on several variants of 'microsoft' as long as negative lookahead ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: Negative lookahead regex clarification needed
    ... I've been using a Regex Coach to run through this and I think ... control characters that make it hard to analyze. ... Just skip those strings using an extra regex, ... For "microsoft", ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)