Re: link to part of a file

Weiguang Shi <wgshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
This is exactly what I had in mind. The question should've been
whether someone already has done it. I also admit that this extends
the concept of links.

You know of dd? Does this example of its use give any inspiration?

echo ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ>filex
echo hello>data
dd if=data of=filex bs=1 seek=10 count=5
cat filex

  • Re: link to part of a file
    ... In article, John Savage wrote: ... I also admit that this extends ... echo ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ>filex ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Bash - an odd problem using sed or awk or for
    ... echo "${XX/* ... Although I have to admit I'm not sure why! ... only a single leading or possibly trailing blank line. ... See the "Parameter Expansion" section of the ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Bash - an odd problem using sed or awk or for
    ... echo "${XX/* ... Although I have to admit I'm not sure why! ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • returning a class of the current type
    ... class b extends a { ... echo 'test'; ... That'll yield an error because $b, after calling a::copy, is of type ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Weird stuff
    ... I admit I have only a couple of years of PHP programming experience and can use all the help I can get. ... the echo on line 178 does not output a value for the compare. ...
    (comp.lang.php)