Re: Crontab -e Error

Thanx Everybody... I changed the EDITOR env_var to xemacs instead of
just emacs and it worked. Now I just have to figure out why emacs
stopped working : |

Again, thanx for the assistance.

  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... But we're talking about a TEXT EDITOR. ... emacs if they really wanted to, well, I'm not enough of an elitist to ... This is not necessary with incremental search. ... your command at some primitive sort of command line. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: How To Learn Lisp
    ... HOW TO LEARN LISP ... it's built on a beast of a text editor called ... Emacs which is supposed to be all-powerful. ... I guess the nightmare learning curve you imply that makes it such a beast ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... I'm talking about an arbitrary selection. ... And emacs, unlike your much vaunted ... I don't think I ever claimed that emacs was a "plain" editor. ... command, specifying the path to the binary and everything else, then ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Text Engine
    ... much is to be said about using emacs not only as an editor ... There is much to say for RPN, ... So, imagine commands such as c5- which would act as cut, or ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Dumb Questions
    ... > yet found the place where it tells how to get a file into the editor ... The emacs manual is unfortunately for people who already know a little ... 'mounted' by the mount utility to some path in the filesystem. ... /dev/hda7 on /usr type xfs ...
    (comp.os.linux.powerpc)