Re: How to "mget" files in multiple subdirectories?

?? Question, Where did the leading slash go to ?? Would that help?
/tmp/abc/filefun.gz

? Will your ftp take the name of the dir for the mget, "mget /thedir/"
and fetch the files, May depend on the ver of the ftp, server, etc.

PS: I have found scp is happy useing stars to fetch files. Is that an
option?

2 cents JB

qquito wrote:
Hello, Everyone:

I am using a Sun Ultra 10 machine, and I want to "get" or "mget" some
files from a server through FTP.

The files I need to get are saved in dozens of different directories of
3-letter names, and I can "cd" into each of these directories and "mget
???????.dat.gz", and this works. But the problem is that this would
take me many hours and maybe even a few days.

Under the main directory, I can "ls ???/???????.dat.gz" and see all the
files listed (e.g., abc/abc0106.dat.gz), but when I try "mget
???/???????.dat.gz", I get the information

abc/abc0106.dat.gz: No such file or directory
abc/abc0206.dat.gz: No such file or directory
abc/abc0306.dat.gz: No such file or directory

even though all the files are apparently there.

The question is therefore: What is the single command that I can issue
in the main directory to "get" all the files in each of the
subdirectories?

Thanks for reading and replying.

--Roland

  • ftp/fetch "command not understood" on stable and current
    ... On both stable and current I'm having problems getting ftp or fetch to ... 220 freebsd.isc.org FTP server ready. ... 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for directory listing. ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: python file synchronization
    ... | need to cut down the file size so when server grabs the file, ... Copy the whole file with FTP. ... it looks like you can do a partial file fetch, also, by issuing a REST ... function that fetches part of a local file just by opening it. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Mime type?
    ... options for not sending these commands. ... >>I was into the Fetch FTP web site and this is what I found - it looks ... >> My server does not recognize them. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Re: Mime type?
    ... > options for not sending these commands. ... >>>I was into the Fetch FTP web site and this is what I found - it looks ... >>> My server does not recognize them. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Help with IPFW + NATD + Passive FTP
    ... passive FTP connections through IPFW with NATD enabled. ... $cmd 005 allow all from any to any via dc0 ... # Interface facing Public internet ... # Allow out access to my ISP's Domain name server. ...
    (freebsd-questions)