Re: deleted but still opened file

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:06:42 -0500, * Tong * wrote:

Hi

I removed a file that I shouldn't. The file is not totally gone yet,
because another session is still reading the file.

lsof shows:

FD TYPE DEVICE NODE NAME
4r REG 8,13 161124 /path/to/my/file (deleted)

Is there any way that I can recover the file, before it is gone for good?

thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/

I think you need to specify which OS you are using. In Linux you may find
something helpful in /proc. In Tru64 I don't think you can do it at all. In
other OS's I just don't know.
Adam

  • deleted but still opened file
    ... because another session is still reading the file. ... lsof shows: ... FD TYPE DEVICE NODE NAME ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: deleted but still opened file
    ... because another session is still reading the file. ... lsof shows: ... Is there any way that I can recover the file, before it is gone for good? ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Interrupting navigation.
    ... so it does not expire before your user finishes reading a page. ... value to use for a session timeout. ... relying on some established session credentials. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Re: os.path.getsize() on Windows
    ... for reading first, and *then* another process comes along and wants to ... the file for writing. ... that the CreateFile call threw an exception but open ... # go to session 2 ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: session_start hangs parallel requests for the same session
    ... Sergei Shelukhin wrote: ... E.g. a standard reader-writer lock pattern. ... By definition, if you open a session, you open it for both reading and writing. ...
    (comp.lang.php)