Overwrite a running script and restart?
- From: "[rob desbois]" <rob.desbois@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 18 Jan 2007 04:35:09 -0800
I have a (bash) script which runs on startup and wraps around a binary
executable. If the binary exits, it performs certain actions based upon
One of these actions is to update certain files on the system -- this
is performed by running the update script from the wrapper, but I need
the update script to be able to update the wrapper itself.
Can I safely overwrite the running script? If not is the best way to
make an extra startup script to do the overwriting, then reboot?
- Prev by Date: Re: require looping help
- Next by Date: Re: magic /dev/null
- Previous by thread: require looping help
- Next by thread: Re: Overwrite a running script and restart?